Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Not Deleting Temp Files After Closing

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

Hi! I'm on version 2022.3 and I believe there is a bug, as Alteryx isn't deleting the temp files it creates after I exit. I just found over 250GB of unneeded temp files. I deleted them & moved my folder to a more trackable place. I read some articles that said it might be when Alteryx crashes, it's keeping those temp files, but over the past week, Alteryx has not crashed (remarkably) and I still have 22GB of temp files after closing Alteryx & doing a restart, so it seems Alteryx is just keeping them.

Bug?

4 REPLIES 4
nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Eli_B Could you please specify which temp files you are referring to? If you are talking about e2Temp files, we have recently implemented fixes and enhancements, including limitations on e2Temp files on the Server. You can see these improvements starting from version 23.1.

Please follow the instructions provided in the 'How to Limit Temporary File Size on Server' guide.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/server/configure/system-settings/controller.html#how-to-limit-te...

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

Hi! Not talking about e2Temp files. It appears that every run Alteryx is creating folders in my temp drive that start with "Alteryx_" or "AlteryxMapServer_" or "AlteryxCEF_" & they are not getting deleted when I exit. 

Eli_B_0-1702998966376.jpegEli_B_1-1702999004222.jpeg

Eli_B
10 - Fireball

Not talking about server either, this is the Designer Desktop tread I thought.

nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you for reporting an issue. We'll take a look and let you know once it is fixed.

Labels