Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Clicking edit after selecting"Custom" Fuzzy Matching results in unhandled error 2023.2.1.7

JO_
5 - Atom

Has anyone had this problem and are you aware of any solutions that dont involve downgrading or upgrading? My company only offers this version and 2019 😓. This will occur no matter if I restart, reinstall or try numerous times. 100% reproduction rate for me. AMP is turned on fwiw

Regards,
JO

5 REPLIES 5
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@JO_ . I've found 2023.2 a little buggy with this occurring. Did you try the good'ol fashion close Alteryx and reopen it? Sometimes does the trick for me. I'm on the same version of designer as you and your configurations seem to work for me. 

community.png

Try open the Fuzzy Match tool example workflow and replicate the same settings. Could rule out if it's actually just a buggy workflow you're on. I'd try those steps.

All the best,

BS

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Same happened to me using version 2022.3

Closing and re-opening Alteryx didn't work.  But a complete reboot did work.

Try making a backup copy of your workflow, delete the Fuzzy Match tool, save, reboot, and add a new Fuzzy Match tool.

Chris

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

This would be a good issue to file a support ticket with Alteryx because it most definitely a bug. That being said, another workaround that I have found is to first choose any other drop-down value in the configuration for the Fuzzy Match Tool (e.g. "Address"), then once the Edit Match Options window pops up, change the match style to "Custom" from there.

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I have encountered this bug on various occasion as well. As others have already suggested it would be best to raise a support case when you notice that you can no longer use the product.

JO_
5 - Atom

Can confirm this worked, however unfortunately the fuzzy tool errored out and submitted a bug to Alteryx support already. I need to contact them with the reference id

Labels