Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Compare two data sets & highlight the difference

viral_gada
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am quite new to Alteryx.

I need to compare 2 datasets with same headers & also have a unique ID column which is same in both the files.

I require all the records in the output file with the changes highlighted in single color.

I have attached sample file with expected output tab as well.

Note: In sample file I have included few columns but actually I have 42 columns.

Can someone please guide me here. Thanks in advance !

13 REPLIES 13
07igoej
5 - Atom
Hi, I’m trying to download your workflow - but input files are not found when running. Do you know how to rectify? Thanks, James
sydnysak
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have a similar query, would require your assistance

Activity - I download 2 Data sets, one containing data up until last Week Friday and the other data set up until Current Week Friday (Data is extracted for rolling 12 months) and compared on a weekly basis to identify if there were any new entries that have been logged since last week Friday until this Week Friday also , In the Rolling 12 Months as of last week and as of the Current week, I identify if there have been any changes in the values such as Status change,  $ has increased or Decreased and so on.

Can someone guide me as to what are the tools that are required to automat this activity which is being performed on a weekly basis

sydnysak
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have a similar query, would require your assistance

Activity - I download 2 Data sets, one containing data up until last Week Friday and the other data set up until Current Week Friday (Data is extracted for rolling 12 months) and compared on a weekly basis to identify if there were any new entries that have been logged since last week Friday until this Week Friday also , In the Rolling 12 Months as of last week and as of the Current week, i identify if there have been any changes in the values such as Status change,  $ has increased or Decreased and so on.

Can someone guide me as to what are the tools that are required to automat this activity which is being performed on a weekly basis

saurabhkunal12
5 - Atom

Hi, My requirement is to compare two excels which has same number of columns around 50. There is only one atribute which will be same for both the excels which is id . If any column which gets changed in pre release and post release file we need to highlight the difference in red colour and any new row added it will be complete new row for all 50 values will need in yellow colour. If suppose entire column value in post validation file is removed then everthing in pre release file will show as red and outputted.

Labels