Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Email Tool - Login Denied Error

jsumms
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am using the Email tool using an SMTP Connection via the "Use Data Connection Manager (DCM)" option. I am connecting using a Credential of the "OAuth with Alteryx Application"

The Workflow will successfully run and send e-mails if I run the Workflow from my home office being connected via VPN. However, when I try to run the Workflow while being in our corporate office and connected directly to the network it gives us "Error: Email (1): Record#1: Func 'curl_easy_perform' failed, ret = 67, desc = Login denied" error.

We are not changing any parameters related to the SMTP Connection and I have been working with my IT team but we cannot figure out what may be causing the Login Denied issue when at the corporate office. Anyone have any ideas as to what the fix may be for this? We also have run a test using Windows Powershell using my login credentials and the same SMTP and it will send a test e-mail when we do it it through there.

38 REPLIES 38
elliottwood
6 - Meteoroid

I currently have no ability to use Azure as a connection in my Alteryx. We do not utilize any Azure Directory. Is there not another work around? The email tool is essential to many of our workflows. 

juliocor
5 - Atom

Because I am having this error when I am sending to more than one email account, my workaround is: instead of connecting a dataset with an email per row to the Email Tool, I am concatenating all email addresses in a single field (separated with comma) and a single row, and it works.

renat_isch
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @juliocor , thanks for sharing your workaround with the community. To give you heads up, our upcoming Patch 2 for 2023.1 release will address this issue. 

DerikSadowski
8 - Asteroid

Hi @renat_isch I am running into this same issue with some slight differences. We are using Azure-AD authentication and for me it is occurring when the email tool is being used to send more than one email. I am experiencing no problems when I am sending one email per email tool. I wanted to confirm that the patch 2 you mention in your previous post will correct this issue for Azure users as well as users using username/password authentication.

renat_isch
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @DerikSadowski, thanks for your message. Yes, I am confirming our upcoming patch will provide the fix to this issue. I will notify you in this thread when the patch is available. 

afellows
7 - Meteor

Why is this marked as solved? As far as I can see there has still been no patch released to fix this. Can we get an ETA on when this will be pushed out? 

It's surprising that this bug made it into a release and even more surprising that 3 months after being reported it has not been fixed. 

VernOfVrain
7 - Meteor

What do the settings suggest for google mail?

renat_isch
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience and giving us time to address this issue. I am happy to confirm our latest 23.1 Patch 2 released yesterday is now available for download. The patch addresses the email tool smtp authentication issue.  Please install the patch and let us know if it resolves the problem. Looking forward to hearing your feedback. 

VernOfVrain
7 - Meteor

I am not seeing that item in the release notes....
https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/designer/designer-20231-release-notes

compass
6 - Meteoroid

Patch installed, still not able to authenticate using Username/Password. Also noticed nothing about email tool was mentioned in the patch release notes.

Labels