Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Keyword Search and Classification

jerryjiang0413
5 - Atom

Hello, I am still at the early stage of using Alteryx designer, and I'm not if Alteryx can do this - I have a pdf file and I've extracted it to excel. Now I have a key words file, containing all the key words that I would like to use to match against the excel - see below table:

Main CategorySub Category AreasKeywords (English)
Data AwarenessTraining & Communicationdata related training
Data AwarenessTraining & Communicationdata related communication
Data AwarenessTraining & Communicationdata related awareness
Data AwarenessTraining & CommunicationData awareness
Data AwarenessTraining & CommunicationData training & awareness
Data AwarenessTraining & CommunicationTraining and Awareness

So, the idea is whenever the keywords (in the keywords column) appear, then it would automatic show the sub category areas and main category. See the output columns below:

OutputOutput
DescriptionResultsConclusionMain CategorySub Category  Areas
Perform a walkthrough to understand if management has implemented data related communication to the 3rd party vendors, and data related awareness has been acknowledged by the employeesWe performed a walkthrough with management, based on the walkthrough and the supporting provided. We confirmed that management has implemented data related communication to the 3rd party vendors, and data related awareness has been acknowledged by the employeesSatisfactoryData AwarenessTraining & Communication
1 REPLY 1
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jerryjiang0413 

The Find Replace tool is your friend here:

Capture.PNG

You can set it to look in a column (in my example Description), and find the value in Keywords. Upon a successful match you can append the required fields to the workflow.

A few points to note though; The wording will have to be written exactly as it appears on your keywords input, so if someone entered a double space for example it won't pick it up. You can set it to ignore case sensitivity though

Example workflow attached

Labels