Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Splitting output to mutiple excel workbook

Laksh345
6 - Meteoroid

I have below data where the output should be saved in a separate workbook in the same path based on the AP processor field. Data of Kishore should be saved as a separate excel file and same for othersScreenshot 2024-05-09 164656.png

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hi @Laksh345, the method for splitting to multiple files involves creating a dynamic filepath and replacing this in the Output Data tool. I made a macro that handles this under the hood for you - you just need to select the Multiple Files option and configure the rest as necessary: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Output-to-multiple-Excel-files-or-sheets/ta-p/951...

Blockprogramming
6 - Meteoroid

If the number of "AP Processors" are a fixed and relatively small group, then just set a number of parallel filters that filter by the "AP Processor" and save to a dedicated file for that "AP Processor".

Otherwise a macro is going to be your best bet. Looking at your scenario, a batch macro seems most appropriate to me.

Labels