Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Tableau Audit flow not pulling correct names

TimM16
6 - Meteoroid

I recently found a workflow on this community that allows you to use Tableau Workbook Files as inputs, and it outputs a list of all the fields in the workbook with their calculations. It does work for the most part, but sometimes instead of putting a field name in the calculation, it just puts the database name. 

TimM16_0-1714657201000.png

The macro that does all of this is sort of out of my league as far as alteryx knowledge goes, so I can't figure out why this is happening. 

Below is the thread where I discovered this flow. I tried to ask there but it was a long time ago so no one is responding.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Tableau-TWB-Audit-Workflow-Sha...

Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
TimM16
6 - Meteoroid

I attached the wrong file. Sorry about that. here is the updated one as well as the macro

Matt_D
10 - Fireball

hi @TimM16 there is a slight issue, the macro has a macro missing. You maybe better to Export Workflow under Options as this will hopefully package everything up so it can be investigated. I have some TWBX files. I may not be able to replicate your issue though, we'll see.

TimM16
6 - Meteoroid

@Matt_D Sorry about that. Please find the packaged workflow attached

TimM16
6 - Meteoroid

@Matt_D  shoot. I uploaded the wrong one again. I am so sorry. I have been through so many iterations trying to figure this out. Attached is the working version.

You will have to open the macro, go to the output tool, and change the interface design property to 'auto configure by name' to not get errors. I appreciate you trying to help me out!!

Labels