Right now, the power to solve new global challenges across industries, is at your fingertips, no matter where you're working from. Create a new topic or reply to an existing thread to share your perspective.

Industry Discussions

Share resources, connect with others, and discuss industry-specific challenges.

ABC/XYZ analysis using Alteryx?

DavidCoulson
7 - Meteor

Hello Folks,

Does anyone use Alteryx for ABC/XYZ supply chain analytics?  I built a [hopefully correct] Alteryx workflow that performs ABC/XYZ analysis.  If anyone more knowledgeable on the subject has insight then I welcome your insight, thoughts and feedback.  Perhaps someone knows of a better data source (see below)?

PS Some of the elements of the workflow are used to simulate actuals and forecast data by splitting off the prior year data, the MAPE and BIAS #s are wonky as a result but the logic is [crossing fingers] sound. I also simulated a unit cost by using the last 3-digits of the item number.  These would disappear w/use of production data.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
danloz
8 - Asteroid

Your calculations look right but I'd think about whether your implementation of xyz is meaningful for your intended use.  .  For summary or reference "part 123 has high volatility at the monthly level" is probably ok,   If you're factoring this into like a safety stock calc or something more tactical, you might want to use lower granularity and/or a shorter time period.