Right now, the power to solve new global challenges across industries, is at your fingertips, no matter where you're working from. Create a new topic or reply to an existing thread to share your perspective.

Industry Discussions

Share resources, connect with others, and discuss industry-specific challenges.

Alteryx career

prashant007
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Can anyone brief me about the career opportunities with Alteryx? what positions require knowledge of Alteryx and to what extent? 

6 REPLIES 6
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@prashant007 Any customer facing opportunities will require Advances certification as a minimum once becoming an associate. Technical and operational teams may require core certification as well. Alteryx highly encourages any team to be at least core certified. We eat our own cake at Alteryx like it's the biggest and best cake in the world. Every team works with data and that means there's a use case in ever department to use Alteryx to automate analytics and to drive the teams forward. We live and breath Analytics for All.

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

When you say "career opportunities with Alteryx" do you mean with the company Alteryx or a job that uses Alteryx or both????

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Hey @FreeRangeDingo,

Even I would like to know about the career opportunities and roles in Companies using Alteryx Tool.  Your thoughts on this would be very beneficial.

Regards,

Allwyn Thomas

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Generally speaking data analyst, data engineer roles will use Alteryx.  I work in oil and gas, and each function (drilling, completions, geo) has a "Tech" role.  The Tech usually assists the Engineers.  Techs need to be able to work and manipulate data so that Engineers can make decisions with that data.

dmccarville
7 - Meteor

A good research strategy would be to go to LinkedIn and search for jobs with the keyword "Alteryx".

I haven't seen Alteryx concentrated in any specific industry or role. My world is audit analytics, where we use Alteryx to automate audit testing procedures. I've seen it used frequently in tax accounting, but also less commonly in HR, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and sales/marketing. 

RSreeSurya
9 - Comet

Hi,

Data Analysts, Data Scientists & Data Engineers - All these groups use Alteryx. In general, we can say Alteryx is not specific to a role , but anywhere we have data , Alteryx is highly recommended. 

Alteryx is a data tool (be it for Data analytics, data science & data engineering)