Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

AACP Product Ideas

Share your AACP product ideas, including Designer Cloud, Intelligence Suite and more - we're listening!

Improve Error Logging To Include Recipe in Flow and the Data Where Error Occurs

As far as I know, the current error logs for a failed Trifacta job do not tell the user which recipe, which recipe step, and on what data the error was thrown.

This lack of basic information on the Trifacta level makes it hard for a normal user to debug Trifacta jobs. Typically, I will have to work backwards in the flow, attaching and running an output for each recipe until I can find the culprit recipe causing the issues. Then, I will have to disable steps one by one until I find the step that causes the recipe to fail. This is time and resource consuming.

As for the offending data triggering the problem, I still don't know how to get that, and that's actually crucially important for an ongoing issue we're having with Spark execution.

Therefore, I suggest that improved and simplified error logging would be very helpful in fixing problems in the future. Thank you for your consideration.

1 Comment
TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

Note: My experience is primarily using Trifacta 7.6.1 as part of my enterprise - so it is possible the logging has improved since then. If so, I apologize for the inconvenience.