Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Are there a maximum amount of rows or columns that can be imported?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Jon,

The Enterprise version has no limits afaik , I have had in my company data sets with 80+ columns, which worked out just fine. I would however recommend, out of my own experience, that you reduce the numbers and keep it manageable - 20-30 works well for me.

The other benefit is the flow is better structured and much more efficient and faster to execute.

On the Wrangler side, there's usually not much argument to keep many columns. Since you have to be below 100MB of data it's rarely an issue. Otherwise above point still applies for the desktop wrangler.

I hope that helped a bit. If you are interested, I can post more about the best practices we used to keep the amount of columns in a manageable size.

Isn't there some limit, though? I have a dataset with 100,000 records and only about 20,000 are displaying in Wrangler. Can't quite figure out why this is. But then when I make my output file, I have all my data again.