Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Can I publish to tableau?

My company uses Tableau for visualization, and I want to produce an automatically-updating dashboard based on my output from Trifacta. It looks like I can only produce a CSV. Is there a way to publish directly into my company's Tableau Server and make the data update every month?

3 REPLIES 3
ccarreras
7 - Meteor

Yes! I actually just set this up on my instance of Trifacta. You will need to create a new connection that points to your Tableau server (of course, you should check with your IT department to make sure that your Trifacta server can communicate with your Tableau server, otherwise nothing will work 😞 ).

Here's what I did to make the connection:

1. Open the connections page by clicking on the user icon in the top right of Trifacta, and then selecting "Connections"
  2. Click the "Create Connection" button
  3. Click the "Tableau Server" box
  4. Enter your Tableau server connection details (again, I had to go to IT for this)
  5. Click "Save"

Now, whenever I run a job in Trifacta and create a "TDE" output, I can make that output go into my Tableau server! It's saved me so much manual effort it's crazy.

LOL. You're right--I did need to ask my admin to open the port between Trifacta and Tableau. But once she did that for me, your instructions worked perfectly.

ChristianG
5 - Atom

@Connor Carreras? Is this still true? I know this post was from 4 years ago however I am having the same problem and don't have a solution