Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Is it possible to export the breakdown of valid/mismatched/empty values per column? I don't want to export the job results, I just want to see the # of valid values shown on the Job Results page in a spreadsheet

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

4 REPLIES 4
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Jared, the histogram on top of each column provides an brief overview of the number of valid, mismatching and missing values. If you want a more detailed display you can click view Column Details by navigating through the following steps,

1. Click on the inverted caret on the right of the Column Title
  2. Select Column Details

You will be directed to a detailed breakdown of all valid, mismatched and missing values.

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

But how do I export this information? I want to be able to consume this metadata outside of Trifacta. For example, some way to create a file that shows me all the column names, the number of missing values and the number of empty values.

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately, the current version of Trifacta does not support the exporting of the profiled results but there is certainly a plan to add this enhancement into our product.

Currently, there is also a workaround, which requires a series of additional steps to export the overview. If you are interested I can try to lay out the details here.

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I'll skip the workaround and wait for the final feature to make it into the product. This would be hugely useful!