Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

In Free Wrangler Tool, the STANDARDIZE function is not added. However, is there a solution to solve it with alternative functions?

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

3 REPLIES 3
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tsolmon, this is dependent on the type of data you are trying to standardize. Would you like to standardize dates, phone numbers, something else? Any information you can provide would help me answer this question 🙂

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

Hello, Mr. David

Thanks for your reply.

I was trying to standardize the usual columns of data such as Importer name, Origin of the product, Manufacturer name etc.... Figure as follows:

I have created this sample, because the main data is mixed in both English and Local language which may difficult to make similarity.

As you may already know, that OpenRefine has standardizing function as well as Excel has Fuzzy lookups (but in excel its time consuming). From some of Trifacta videos i have noticed that a person is using standardizing functions on similar detailed columns, but i couldn't find it on Free Wrangler.

Thanks for your reply again.

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tsolmon,

Free Wrangler does not have this feature currently. What I generally do is create a lookup table that looks like this:

with all the incorrect spellings I've run into, do a lookup and each successive time, filter down on the missing values from the resulting Standardize column (which indicates that particular version of the company name has not been addressed by the lookup table), and add those to the lookup table. Overtime the lookup table gets more robust and accurate. It takes some time up front but but is easy to maintain once it is created.

Hope this helps :)