Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

" Run a job " iccluding error recipi

417faa56b9e53ff7ff81
6 - Meteoroid

What is gonna be happened, when I click "Run a Job" if the recipi that I made including error ?

1, It will be ignored? (Is is skipped?)

2, It will be stopped because of the error?

I will start this tool (enterprise) in few days , if you can help me I am appriciate it!

4 REPLIES 4
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Wrangler does a pretty good job of preventing syntactical errors. If you open a recipe and try to introduce an error (e.g., change a column name in a transformation to something that does not exist, or add a step with parameters of the incorrect type) you won't be able to save your changes, which means that you won't be able to run a job.

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

Hi Sui,

As Nathan mentioned, I would like to add more points

1. if it is syntax error, you can not run the job until you fix the syntax err,
  2. if its a recipe logical error, then you would be able to run the job successfully and the result might be wrong due to the logic.
  3. if its data type mismatch, you could still run the job successfully but you will not see the values for mismatched data type fields.
  4. While you run the job, if you are publishing option is table with append, and if there is a data type mismatch between the fields, your job will fail.
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Depending on your version of Trifacta Wrangler Enterprise, you may be able to disable individual steps. However, if there are later dependencies on the step you are disabling, you may be breaking a later step.

To disable a step:

1. In the Recipe panel, locate the broken step.
  2. Click the ... menu.
  3. Select Disable step.
  4. Try and run your job.

You can always re-enable the step at a later time.

One other type of error:

5. Dependency errors. If there is a column name in your recipe that is sourced from an upstream dataset, removal of that column in the upstream dataset will cause breakages in the references in your current dataset. On this issue, the following doc may be useful: https://docs.trifacta.com/display/SS/Fix+Dependency+Issues

Hope that helps.

417faa56b9e53ff7ff81
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for everyone. I could really get the answer that I want !

And Sridar Krishnamoorthy's answer is the most closely to my question. I choose as a best answer. But another answer are also very useful to me when I use Enterprise version.