Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Data Type Phone : Mismatch error?

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I have file which has just phone numbers, In the flow I convert the field value data type to Phone and found few of the random numbers are mismatched. Still trying to understand the reason for it? any quick suggestion ? @David McNamara?  @Sebastian Cyris? 

5 REPLIES 5
TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

just the phone numbers:

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Sridar Krishnamoorthy? , the central office code (three digits after the area code) of valid US phone numbers must start with 2-9, the examples here that start with 0 and 1 are not valid US phone numbers

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

Hi Alon,

Thanks for the very quick response. I still see some issue with other numbers as below: ( 4 & 7). any suggestion!!

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey Sridar,

According to this wikipedia article, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Numbering_Plan, in addition to not allowing the first digit following the area code to be a 0 or 1, the next two digits cannot both be one

"Allowed ranges: [2–9] for the first digit, and [0–9] for both the second and third digits (however, in geographic area codes the third digit of the exchange cannot be 1 if the second digit is also 1)." so I believe the validation is working as intended 🙂

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

oh WoW !!! !Thanks @David McNamara? @Alon Bartur?