Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Can it push the data out to specific targets ?

My data set contains the data set with the dimensions weight, age, volume and health of a turkey.

I have a Turkey fryer that takes simply the input data of temperature and density. I can wrangle the data appropriately to get to the desired values, but is there a mechanism to push the generated result set from Trifacta to the fryer ?

When it comes down to it, how can I manage workflows where Trifacta is one vital component ?

2 REPLIES 2
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rex,

You can publish turkeys results to different targets as needed with Trifacta Enterprise, by:

1. Creating connections to each target to which you wish to publish.
  2. Specifying a job whose output meets the requirements for the target.
  3. Running the job.
  4. Publishing the results to the target(s).

As for managing workflows where Trifacta is one component, it sounds like you are asking about automation and data pipelines...? If so, then Trifacta Enterprise provides a number of features that support this, e.g., job scheduling, parameterized datasets and SQL push down, a REST API, a command-line interface, etc. (Actually, you can learn about some of these things in the Knight certification offered through the Training link, above!) For further information, best is to contact our sales team for a free consultation and demo; see https://www.trifacta.com/schedule-a-demo/).

But, yes: you would need something else to coordinate the various components of the pipeline. This might be as simple as shell scripts executed by a cron job, or as complex as a third party enterprise solution.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Nathanael

Thanks @Nathanael Kuipers? ,

this is what I was looking for, thank you so much!

To give you some more insight, we are a professional turkey frying company that is frying turkeys globally and depend on exact frying parameters.

We like Dataprep a lot and this will help us expanding our business to be the next Kentucky Fried Turkey