Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Unable to develop on our trifacta 4.2 platform for the past 1-2 hours. Steps added to recipes are lost and having to recode. The error given is 'Transformation engine unavailable'. What is causing this error?

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

5 REPLIES 5
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Adrian,

Sorry to hear this.

Please send us an email to support@trifacta.com which automatically create a case along with webapp.log (/opt/trifacta/logs) and trifacta configuration file (/opt/trifacta/conf/trifacta-conf.json) which can be obtained from the trifacta server.

We will take care of the issue.

Thanks,

Pavan

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I have encountered this issue before, on the free cloud version of Wrangler. At the time, refreshing the browser did the trick! So, assuming you are referring to a browser-based installation (rather than the deprecated Desktop version), you can try the following, and see after each step whether the issue is corrected:

1. Refresh the browser (i.e., click the Reload button top left)
  2. "Hard refresh" the browser (i.e., ctrl + Reload)
  3. Clear cache + cookies (i.e., https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/9098093?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en&visit_id=636802035537591679-2642248633&rd=1)
TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

Nathanael, Thank you for the recommendation. Do you happen to know what the cause is?

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Something caused Photon (the engine used in the Transformer Page) to crash. It is possible that there are some clues in the logs, especially webapp.log. If you wish to investigate the issue further, then best is indeed to file a support ticket as Pavan suggested.

Cheers,

Nathanael

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

Nathanael, This was very helpful! Thank you both for your help!