Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Are My Flows & Recipes Gone Forever?

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

A few months ago, I began using Google Cloud Dataprep (GCD), and User 1, will call it, was an account created within Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to experiment with GCD, and learn what it could do for product viability within an ad agency that has been using Access for years.

User 1 created all sorts of interesting flows and recipes, imported data, ran jobs, and was really excited about the potential of GCD.

Fast forward a few months, and unfortunately, User 1's account has been deleted from GCS. However, User 1's bucket still exists, and all the files that GDP created have remained.

User 2 was created, and despite attempting to change working directories to the old bucket location of User 1, or copying all of User 1's files to User 2's working directory, none of the old flows or recipes appear in GCD.

Additionally, User 1's account was recreated with the same email address, and was able to see the same GCP content, bucket intact, etc. HOWEVER, within GCD, NONE of the flows or recipes are available either! Are flows and recipes stored differently? Are they gone forever? Are they accessible somehow?

Please help me to recover User 1's flows and recipes, or at least, help me understand exactly what happened, and why they are no longer available.

Thanks much,

/steven

1 REPLY 1
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Steven, could you let me know how User 1's account was deleted from GCS? Flows and recipes are not stored in GCS, only the input and output datasets if they were either imported or exported to these buckets. Could you also ensure the same project and user permissions and roles had been given to the new accounts?

If possible, could you PM me the email address of User 1 so that I can check with the developers if the flows are recoverable?

Regards,

Gina