Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

I have one Flow with multiple recipes, including merging one Join (3rd recipe in sequence). I want to insert a new Recipe between the 2nd and 3rd recipes. I do not want to modify Recipe no. 3. How do I do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Kevin Jablonski? 

Does your new recipe exist in the flow? If it does exist without a dataset attached to it, you can click the 'select dataset' to attach with the new recipe as Recipe 2 from Flow UI itself.

However you must tread with care here because:

• Recipe 3 contains a Join, which is no more valid now, because the new recipe had been inserted before the join.
  • The joined in dataset principally changed due to change in the number of columns or change in datatype of columns
  • To avert this, go to the join UI and perform the join conditions, column selections etc to validate the transformation step

Now if the new recipe is not attached with a dataset and assuming you want the new recipe branch out of Recipe 2 , follow the below steps:

• From Flow view click on Recipe 2 and click on the 3 blue dots next to the recipe icon and select Add new recipe, you may call it new recipe
  • Then click on Recipe 3, 3 dots and select Change input..
  • From the Input selection UI, select new recipe and hit Change

Hope this helped.

Besst,

Vardan

Thanks Vardan! Super clear and worked perfectly.