Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Match mobile numbers in one table to user id in another table

I have a table with mobile numbers and user ids, and another table with mobile numbers and number of calls. I want to add the user ids to the second table to match each mobile number. What would be the best way to do this? How would I match each mobile number to the right user id?

2 REPLIES 2
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This sounds like a lookup or a join. From the mobile number and number of calls table, open the dropdown menu on mobile number column and choose "Lookup". Choose the table that has mobile numbers and user ids, and choose the key to lookup for the mobile number. You should now have a dataset that has mobile number, number of calls, and user ids. For more control over the columns that come in, you can choose a join.

Thanks a lot Eric, that worked perfectly! I have a follow up question though - I'm trying to sort the number of calls column by descending order, I don't seem to find the right option, is that possible? Or rather, I want to filter the top 500 records, that's why I want to sort all of them. So it needs to count the occurrence of each unique entry, which I think I did by using row_count and then keep the top 500.

Thank you!