Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Ignore Matches Between

TreysonDM
6 - Meteoroid

First Question. Very Excited to be here!

I am trying to parse some JSON data. Problem is that I have a delimiter (,) and then within square brackets, another set of the same delimter. I tried to set this up to "ignore matches between" the square brackets (both \[] and '[]') and it doesn't seem to be ignoring these delimiters. Can anyone clarify how I need to format this?

1 REPLY 1
AMiller_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Treyson Marks? , thank you for your question! Happy to have you here! =]

To cope with this Json, I'd instead suggest splitting only by the first comma, like this:

And then continue parsing the array and the objects within via Trifacta's interactive suggestions:

And continue from there.

However, if you'd prefer to parse the file via separation of the internal objects, as initially suggested, you have 2 ways to achieve this.

1 . split by delimiter

The field "ignore matches between" can only accept 1 character. That's why it's not working for you.

Instead, you can either put

1. an opening curly brackets at the "end the split before"
  2. a closing curly brackets at the "start to split after"

You will need to decide how many splits you want; In our case - it's 5 splits to create 6 columns.

• remember to remove the opening and closing square brackets that were initially a part of the outer array

2 . split between delimitersThat way, you don't need to specify the original delimiter, just the closing and opening curly brackets.

I hope this makes sense; Please feel free to ask any additional questions.

Thanks,

Amit.