Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Is it just me, or Dataprep has been extra buggy this week?

9 REPLIES 9
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lee-on Pedahzur? 

Could you please share more details on this, maybe a screenshot will help the team to understand what you experiencing?

Thanks

Rohit Bhaskar

@Rohit Bhaskar (Trifacta)? I have support tickets out so not trying to replicate things here. The question is to the community, not Trifacta support. I want to see if other users of Dataprep are having issues, or is it just me.

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thank you @Lee-on Pedahzur? , BTW I am from the Trifacta Community team and managing this community😀 not from support teams.

Got it! It says "Employee" so you can see how one can get confused. Here's an example for just now - a 500 error when trying to load a page

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lee-on Pedahzur? ,

I wanted to know if you're still having the same issue, check out this post from another community user who had a similar issue and was able to resolve it.(Please ignore if doesn't help you)

Thanks

Rohit

Hi @Rohit Bhaskar (Trifacta)? - Trifacta informed me that they had issues last week and they've worked all week to patch it up. As of this morning, it looks like they managed to fortify the platform to handle the increase in activity that cause it to crash last week. Thanks for checking in.

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lee-on Pedahzur?,

Here's some additional clarity around the behavior you experienced last week:

On Friday, there was a service disruption at Google Cloud that affected some of our underlying services leading to performance degradation and instability for Trifacta. Google Cloud resolved these issues and our services are now operating as expected.

Additionally, we did detect other performance and stability issues due to increased load on our orchestration service. We pushed an update Friday afternoon and are seeing improved performance and stability.

Yep, I had a call on Thursday with @Adam Wilson? who gave me the background on the disruptions that started on Monday morning and weren't resolved by Wednesday when I posted the original question.

I did get the GCP notification on Friday, but that was minor compared to the performance degradation earlier that week.

I'm glad the platform is back to being stable, but it was definitely buggy last week.

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

I'm glad it wasn't just me.