Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

reading a empty csv ,I want to read a csv ,sometimes is empty and sometimes is not .

WuCong
8 - Asteroid

when i first load the empty csv ,I found it read as one column ,how can I seperate the fields by , as many coulums?

3 REPLIES 3
AMiller_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @wu cong? , thank you for your question.

When you load an empty csv- or any file, for that matter - indeed, Trifacta will create a default "column1" column, which will be the only column.

However, when you then load a non-empty csv, you can then select one of the commas, and Trifacta will suggest splitting the column by as many commas that exist in that line.

Afterwards, if you then again replace the file with an empty csv, the step of splitting will still exist - however, it will not create new columns.

I hope that helps; Please feel free to ask any additional questions.

Thanks,

Amit.

WuCong
8 - Asteroid

Dear Amit

when I add a csv with data ,it loaded the first row as label auto. as you can see below ,and there is no recipe. then I replace the csv with empty data ,it also has the issues.

AMiller_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @wu cong? ,

You're saying "it also has the issues", referring to replacing the csv with empty data.

Can you further explain what you mean by "it also has the issues"? What item are you describing?

Thanks,

Amit.