Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

How to filer rows in the dataset by a specific date f.g. 2017-01-01? I tried to use Filter rows/On column values/Is exactly and then put term_start_date under column, but what should I put for the value? both 2017-01-01 and '2017-01-01' not working.

XinW1
5 - Atom

1 REPLY 1
AMiller_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @XIN WANG? , Thank you for your question!

One of the possible options to filter rows in a dataset by a specific date would be to use filter rows-->on column values-->is exactly.

By putting the value inside single\double quotes, you'll be able to filter by the desired date:

An alternative way would be to choose the desired date from the data grid itself - and use Trifacta's suggestions:

In this scenario, Trifacta is using the "custom single" option, with the MATCHES() function: (can see this by clicking 'edit' in the suggestion)

A third option would be to use the Histogram. you can choose a bar (or multiple bars) from the Histogram and edit the suggestion to your preference:

See that only the selected bar is highlighted in dark green.

Now I can change the condition to the relevant date:

Finally, if your values are date\time values, you can use Trifacta's suggestion through the Histogram to only keep date\time values that are 'bigger' than your desired day and 'smaller' than tomorrow.

I hope that makes sense; please feel free to ask any additional questions.

Thanks,

Amit.