Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Recipe not updating when I upload a new file

bpawlik
6 - Meteoroid

I have a dataset that has 4000 rows. The recipe shows ~3000 rows. I have refreshed the dataset, started a new recipe based off the dataset, changed the sample, and tried to start a new flow from the same data file. No matter what I do, when I open the recipe it shows 3000 rows, and when I transform the data the output is 3000 rows.

6 REPLIES 6
APrasad_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ben,

Can you please let me know the Trifacta version you are using? Can you also try a random sample full scan to check if the complete data is reflected in the UI?

Thanks,

Apeksha

bpawlik
6 - Meteoroid
Premium edition, 9.3.0+152.20220720011632.fac047c The full random sample always returns 2669 rows
APrasad_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ben,

Will it be possible to send us the data? Also, can you just try to create a new flow, add the dataset, open the recipe, run a full random sample and run the output? Please let me know the sample count and output total count without any recipe steps.

Thanks

Apeksha

bpawlik
6 - Meteoroid
Good morning Apeksha, Here are the files you requested. If I open the txt file in Numbers, it has 4338 rows. When I bring it into Trifacta, it shows 2672 rows in the sample in the recipe. I attached the profile that it generated when I ran it with a blank recipe. It always shows ~2671 rows. The CSV file is the file that Trifacta put out
APrasad_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Morning Ben,

There's no attachment. Can you please attach them again?

Thanks,

Apeksha

bpawlik
6 - Meteoroid
Sorry about that, Apeksha. Rajesh was also counseling me about this and he figured out that it was a problem with the charset being binary. He changed the format and it worked. Thank you for your help!