Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

How to fix error message "Invalid SQL: 400 - Input validation failed: insertionIndices out of range"

ahouhoulis
5 - Atom

I have created and saved a custom SQL imported dataset, pulling from a single table in an Oracle database. The redacted, original query is below.

SELECT * FROM [schema].[table] WHERE NVL(YEAR_NO,1900) = 2021 AND MOST_RECENT_IND = 'Y' AND ACCT_NO NOT IN('6110','6120','6125','6130','6150')

I have tried to replace the year value 2021 with a parameter pYear with a default value of 2021 as follows:

SELECT * FROM [schema].[table] WHERE NVL(YEAR_NO,1900) = <pYear> AND MOST_RECENT_IND = 'Y' AND ACCT_NO NOT IN('6110','6120','6125','6130','6150')

When I click "Validate SQL", it passes. When I try to save, I get the following error message:

Invalid SQL: 400 - Input validation failed: insertionIndices out of range

What am I doing wrong?

FYI, we're running Trifacta installed version 8.2.1+184.20210816012031.b2041d1

2 REPLIES 2
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Adam Houhoulis? ,

Sometimes this message displays if the variable is configured in a way that doesn't match the formatting accepted by the source column. Do you have a screenshot that shows how you have built the parameter in the Trifacta user interface? Thanks!

ahouhoulis
5 - Atom

See the above screenshot.