Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Problem while Creating Dataset with SQL using BigQuery External Connection - User does not have bigquery.connections.use permission

4717bafc0b4fbc73317e
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I set up an external connection in BigQuery. I want to import this external data into DataPrep.

While creating the dataset with SQL it shows that I don't have bigquery.connections.use permission.

Error Message:

Invalid SQL: Access Denied: Connection projectname: User does not have bigquery.connections.use permission for connection projectname. - com.trifacta.bigquery.exception.BigQueryAccessDeniedException

Other Detail:

In IAM> members, I see my user with this permission bigquery.connections.use

5 REPLIES 5
Mukumar_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Are you able to execute query with that user from BigQuery explorer?

If the user have sufficient privileges then definitely can able to query the dataset in dataprep.

Thanks,

Murugesan Kumar

4717bafc0b4fbc73317e
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Yes, I can execute queries in BigQuery explorer but unable to execute from DataPrep.

Mukumar_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Please share the user details / session ID to check the logs for this issue.

4717bafc0b4fbc73317e
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Murugesan,

Regarding this issue, I have created a service-<project-number>@trifacta-gcloud-prod.iam.gserviceaccount.com and assigned BigQuery User, BigQuery Connection User roles. Now, I have successfully created the dataset.

But while running the report I get the following issue.

Job ID is mentioned in the below screenshot. I don't know how to get a session ID.

Kindly check the logs and let me know what's the actual issue.

Regards,

Hamza

4717bafc0b4fbc73317e
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Murugesan,

Any update regarding this issue?

Regards,

Hamza