Lesson 1

Introduction to Alteryx Auto Insights

Lesson 2

Understanding Data with Alteryx Auto Insights

SOLVED

Using %s as a measure in Auto Insights

hemanthvasudevan
5 - Atom

Hi, I am trying to build a KPI deep-dive 'Mission' in Alteryx Auto Insights.

My data has the following columns:

• 1 date column- Month granularity
  • 2 segment columns-
    • Site Type
    • Marketing Channel
  • 3 measure columns-
    • Form Views (numbers)
    • Form Submissions (numbers)
    • Form Submission Rate (%)

While using it in the mission, I notice that the measure 'Form Submission Rate (%)' is either getting aggregated or averaged (depending upon the calculation I select in dataset settings) for each marketing channel, instead of being available at a 'month' level for overall comparison.

Are there any dataset calculation settings available apart from 'sum' and 'average', that allow me to look at the overall 'Form Submission Rate (%)'? Uploading a couple of screenshots with some data fields.

2 REPLIES 2
robert_darrigo
Alteryx
Alteryx

Rather than supply Auto Insights these fields already calculated in the data... have you tried to create form submission rate (%) and lead submission rate (%) as custom measures in Dataset Settings?

Using a custom measure allows you to look at these measures at different time granularities (monthly, quarterly or yearly and all of time) as Auto Insights will then calculate this on the fly. For more info please see: https://help.alteryx.com/auto-insights/custom-measures

robert_darrigo
Alteryx
Alteryx

@hemanthvasudevan did this solution work? Please mark the answer as solved if it did.