Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.

SAP HANA Connection

jscruz
5 - Atom

Hi, Alteryx Community.

I have successfully connected to the SAP Hana using the input tool. But when I'm trying to Choose Table or Specific Query, there's no table showing in my Visual Query Builder. What would be the possible cause for this?

Thank you,

JKSC

6 REPLIES 6
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jscruz I'm not sure, but I know that certain database types take a very long time to populate in the Visual Query Builder.  SAP Hana might be one of them.  If you use the Tables tab (and check the box to make that the default) you can probably specifya workarounda workaround the desired table from that list. 

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
jscruz
5 - Atom

There are still no tables showing if I go in the "Tables" tab.

Is the HDODBC driver might be the issue here? The HDODBC driver version that I'm using is 2.15.22.

Thank you,

JKSC

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jscruz 
If you have refreshed that tab and you don't see anything, then I don't know.  When you set up your DSN, was the test successful?
I don't know that particular driver.  The Data Sources page provides links to SAP to obtain the driver.  My ODBC Administrator looks like this:
2023-04-18_14-31-28.png

I don't know whether HDBODBC is the same as HDODBC (or maybe one is a typo?)
Perhaps someone else will be of more help than I.  I wish you good luck.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
jscruz
5 - Atom

Yes, the test connection was successful. However, the Tables are not showing when I am trying to browse it in the Tables or Visual Query Builder.

Yes, I'm also running HDBODC, sorry it was a typo.

Thank you,

JKSC

IAJ1966
7 - Meteor

@jscruz - As you're connecting to an SAP system, the easiest way to get to the data you need is via the add-in software from DVW Analytics.

We connect to pretty much any object in a SAP HANA system via the application layer from directly within Designer, which makes it safe and easy to use.

Try it for free using the link below.  Let me know when/if you register and I'll be sure to get you assistance from our support team on your specific use cases.

https://www.dvwanalytics.com/free-trial.html

Best Regards

Ian

Simon_Theobald_SW
6 - Meteoroid

There is also Xtract for Alteryx which is an Alteryx plugin that allows you to extract SAP data from various systems using many different options (ERP Tables, BW queries, ERP reports, ODP, and many more). It's easy to use and has a free trial available at https://theobald-software.com/en/xtract-for-alteryx For any questions, feel free to  reach out to your Alteryx account team (it's the only SAP connector that can be bought directly from Alteryx thanks to a close partnership).