Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

ALTERYX DESINGER CLOUD ADVANCED CERTIFICATION

Ram_123
6 - Meteoroid

Subject: Assistance Needed for Alteryx Designer Cloud Advanced Certification Exam

Dear Alteryx team,

I am reaching out for assistance regarding my preparation for the Alteryx Designer Cloud Advanced certification exam. I am facing challenges due to recent changes in the interface, and I would greatly appreciate your guidance in resolving these issues.

The certification exam consists of 17 scenario and debugging-based questions that must be solved within the Alteryx Designer Cloud environment. However, I have encountered difficulties in copying the created recipe steps or flows, which has become a crucial task in the updated interface.

To overcome this challenge and improve my exam performance, I kindly request your suggestions and recommendations. Specifically, I would appreciate guidance on the following areas:

1. Familiarization with the Updated Interface: Could you please provide resources or documentation that detail the changes made to the Alteryx Designer Cloud interface? This will help me gain a comprehensive understanding of the new layout, navigation, and features.

2. Techniques for Copying Recipe Steps or Flows: Given the interface changes, I am uncertain about the updated process for copying recipe steps or flows. Could you please provide specific instructions or tips on how to accomplish this task in the new environment? Any relevant resources or examples would be highly beneficial.

3. Segregating and Identifying Exam Questions: Since the exam includes scenario and debugging-based questions, it would be helpful to receive guidance on how to distinguish and categorize these types of questions effectively. Any advice on identifying specific requirements or keywords within the exam questions would greatly assist my preparation.

I truly value your expertise and guidance, and I believe your assistance will significantly contribute to my success in the certification exam. Your suggestions and improvements will allow me to confidently navigate the updated interface and solve the exam questions efficiently.

Thank you for your time and support. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Ram

4 REPLIES 4
nkuipers
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Ram_123,

Just to make sure we are on the same page: are you using the Trifacta Classic variation of the Designer Cloud UI? The Trifacta Classic and Designer Experience UIs can be selected directly in the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform landing page, or in the main context menu there.

Once the Trifacta Classic UI is selected, the operations you mention are pretty much just like Trifacta. You can...

- Duplicate a flow in the flow's context menu (or export it for later import, which effectively also creates a copy)

- Copy steps in the Recipe Editor, or in the worst case, download the recipe file and then copy-paste its steps into the Recipe Editor

I have attached a series of screenshots illustrating all of the above.

Does this help?

Ram_123
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

Thank you for reaching out quickly
As you suggested screenshots and interface we look like different as I am sharing you the screenshots 

1.select_trifacta_classic.png screenshot and the interface we are seeing is different and I attached my interface screeenshot please have alook and respond me quickly 
Thanks,

nkuipers
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Ram_123,

What is your workspace name? (You can find this in the part of the URL like workspace=<your_workspace_name>.)

nkuipers
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi again @Ram_123,

On further investigation, the workspace name should not be necessary. There is a property in the Admin Settings that controls which UI experiences are available in Designer Cloud -- see screenshot, attached. (If you are not an admin, then please show to your workspace admin and ask them to update the property as desired.)