Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Alteryx Designer Cloud On Prem

cy_zhang
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with installing Alteryx Designer Cloud On Prem. I always thought Designer Cloud was a pure SaaS offering but found notes within documentation that says otherwise.

https://docs.trifacta.com/display/r064/Install+On-Premises

Follow up question: can Designer Cloud interact with on-premise databases? does this require a node to be installed On-Prem for connectivity?

3 REPLIES 3
Hayward1
5 - Atom

Hello,

Alteryx Designer Cloud On Premises allows you to install the Designer Cloud solution within your own infrastructure rather than using the pure SaaS offering. Regarding on-premise database interaction, it is recommended to install an On-Prem node for connectivity purposes.

MyHealthAtVanderbilt Login

Best regard,
Hayward1

nkuipers
Alteryx
Alteryx

I believe this question highlights the overloading of the term "Designer [Cloud]". The doc that @cy_zhang refers to has absolutely nothing at all to do with "Designer" or "Designer Cloud" as longtime Alteryx users understand it, nor even with Designer Cloud in the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform. Rather, it refers to an old and un-supported version of what is now called Trifacta Self-Managed Cloud (i.e., deployed to customer-managed Hadoop, AWS or Azure). The current generally available version of that product as of writing is 9.7, and the docs are here.

So, it is crucially important to be clear on which product is under consideration, and then find the appropriate doc.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar