Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Data Type Phone : Mismatch error?

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I have file which has just phone numbers, In the flow I convert the field value data type to Phone and found few of the random numbers are mismatched. Still trying to understand the reason for it? any quick suggestion ? @David McNamara?  @Sebastian Cyris? 

5 REPLIES 5
TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

just the phone numbers:

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Sridar Krishnamoorthy? , the central office code (three digits after the area code) of valid US phone numbers must start with 2-9, the examples here that start with 0 and 1 are not valid US phone numbers

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

Hi Alon,

Thanks for the very quick response. I still see some issue with other numbers as below: ( 4 & 7). any suggestion!!

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey Sridar,

According to this wikipedia article, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Numbering_Plan, in addition to not allowing the first digit following the area code to be a 0 or 1, the next two digits cannot both be one

"Allowed ranges: [2–9] for the first digit, and [0–9] for both the second and third digits (however, in geographic area codes the third digit of the exchange cannot be 1 if the second digit is also 1)." so I believe the validation is working as intended 🙂

TrifactaUsers
10 - Fireball

oh WoW !!! !Thanks @David McNamara? @Alon Bartur?