Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

How to calculate 20 business days

Phani_1982
5 - Atom

How to calculate from todays date to 20 business days 

4 REPLIES 4
severhart
8 - Asteroid

My best advise for questions like this - open your search website of choice, "add business days to date in alteryx" and 9/10 times the result you need is in the top 5 responses.

I rarely keep some of these answers on hand as I know the community is so robust and will save me every time :)

Here is one of those search results that looks like it could be helpful to you with this question: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/DateTimeAdd-to-Only-Result-in-...

severhart
8 - Asteroid

datetimetoday() is the correct formula for current date - i'd try: datetimeadd(datetimetoday(),20,"days") plus include any other modifications from the post above to account for business days. some recommended first getting the day of week and using that to determine the offset.

Amy_smart
11 - Bolide

You can use the Number of Weekdays formula in this blog: Tableau Date Calculation Cheat Sheet - The Flerlage Twins: Analytics, Data Visualization, and Tablea...

Thanks,

Amy

geoff_zath
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Phani_1982 here's an example workflow to try. This will remove weekends and holidays (you'll need to populate the holiday lookup table FYI). Then the output should have the next 20 business days from today.