Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

How to filer rows in the dataset by a specific date f.g. 2017-01-01? I tried to use Filter rows/On column values/Is exactly and then put term_start_date under column, but what should I put for the value? both 2017-01-01 and '2017-01-01' not working.

XinW1
5 - Atom

1 REPLY 1
AMiller_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @XIN WANG? , Thank you for your question!

One of the possible options to filter rows in a dataset by a specific date would be to use filter rows-->on column values-->is exactly.

By putting the value inside single\double quotes, you'll be able to filter by the desired date:

An alternative way would be to choose the desired date from the data grid itself - and use Trifacta's suggestions:

In this scenario, Trifacta is using the "custom single" option, with the MATCHES() function: (can see this by clicking 'edit' in the suggestion)

A third option would be to use the Histogram. you can choose a bar (or multiple bars) from the Histogram and edit the suggestion to your preference:

See that only the selected bar is highlighted in dark green.

Now I can change the condition to the relevant date:

Finally, if your values are date\time values, you can use Trifacta's suggestion through the Histogram to only keep date\time values that are 'bigger' than your desired day and 'smaller' than tomorrow.

I hope that makes sense; please feel free to ask any additional questions.

Thanks,

Amit.