Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

I have a dataset where iam doing wrangling and loading into oracle table. I wanted to add two hard coded columns in trifecta before loading into table. one is "date" field which should display sysdate and second field should hold "SOR" value for all rows.

LNREDDY
8 - Asteroid

5 REPLIES 5
Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @lakshminarayana kanala?,

Are you creating a new Oracle table as part of the publishing action, or are you appending to or replacing an existing table? If the latter, then the schema of your output must conform to the destination table. (Is this perhaps why you need to add two columns?)

Anyway, have a look at the TODAY and NOW functions for the first column. I'm not sure what you mean by 'SOR value for all rows' for the second column.

Cheers,

Nathanael

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@lakshminarayana kanala? You can search for transformation NOW() or TODAY() functions and them as new columns. This will give the job run datetime column.

can you elaborate what exactly "SOR" value for all rows mean?

LNREDDY
8 - Asteroid

I mean hardcoded column. I wanted to add a new column name "SOR" and data should be "SAMPLE" in all ?rows to my dataset output.

Trifacta_Alumni
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can certainly do this, by pasting the following into the New Step search bar:

derive type: single value: 'SAMPLE' as: 'SOR'

But again, if the destination table already exists and this breaks the schema, then the job will fail to publish.

LNREDDY
8 - Asteroid

@Nathanael Kuipers? this is awesome . Thank you. We are in process of exploring trifacta for our requirements ?to our business needs. It may be simple for some but it helps a lot for me. Thanks again!