Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.
SOLVED

Ignore Matches Between

TreysonDM
6 - Meteoroid

First Question. Very Excited to be here!

I am trying to parse some JSON data. Problem is that I have a delimiter (,) and then within square brackets, another set of the same delimter. I tried to set this up to "ignore matches between" the square brackets (both \[] and '[]') and it doesn't seem to be ignoring these delimiters. Can anyone clarify how I need to format this?

1 REPLY 1
AMiller_Tri
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Treyson Marks? , thank you for your question! Happy to have you here! =]

To cope with this Json, I'd instead suggest splitting only by the first comma, like this:

And then continue parsing the array and the objects within via Trifacta's interactive suggestions:

And continue from there.

However, if you'd prefer to parse the file via separation of the internal objects, as initially suggested, you have 2 ways to achieve this.

1 . split by delimiter

The field "ignore matches between" can only accept 1 character. That's why it's not working for you.

Instead, you can either put

1. an opening curly brackets at the "end the split before"
  2. a closing curly brackets at the "start to split after"

You will need to decide how many splits you want; In our case - it's 5 splits to create 6 columns.

• remember to remove the opening and closing square brackets that were initially a part of the outer array

2 . split between delimitersThat way, you don't need to specify the original delimiter, just the closing and opening curly brackets.

I hope this makes sense; Please feel free to ask any additional questions.

Thanks,

Amit.