Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Name the output file using the source datacolumn values in Alteryx cloud(Trifacta classic)

MohithRai
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Please let me know if there is a way using Alteryx cloud(Trifacta classic) application, to name the output file using the column values that are present in the source data.

For e.g. The source data have columns like "Reporting Month" and "Reporting Year" which will have same values for all the rows. I want the flow to create the output file dynamically with name as <Reporting Year>_<Reporting Month>_Output.csv. i.e. If the source data has Reporting Month as "FEB" and Reporting Year as "2024", then the output file must be 2024_FEB_Output.csv. I have tried creating a formula in recipe to derive this value, but I don't know how this can be assigned as the output filename.

Can this requirement be achieved in Alteryx cloud(Trifacta classic)?

1 REPLY 1
nkuipers
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @MohithRai

I do not believe that this can be achieved, currently. However, you can definitely parameterize the output file by editing the publishing action, so as to include a timestamp corresponding to when the job was run or relative to when the job was run -- see screenshot, attached. Could this be useful for you?