Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Output issue

Alice_You
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Guys, I have a issue that WF will keep running a lot of time with small data when i choose output with overwrite sheet. In this Workflow, I have three output, there are same excel but different sheet. And the workflow will run successful when i make all output unable. Please tell me if you have any solution, thanks a lot!

各位好,我有一个WF,里面有三个output,输出为同一个excel中的不同sheet,当我将所有output都设为unable时,workflow能正常运行并且正常输出结果,但当output时就会卡在一些tool上一直运行,想请问下有没有什么解决方式呢?十分感谢!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Blake_E
7 - Meteor

If you have the AMP engine enabled in the workflow configuration, then you may be getting an error saying the output Excel file is in use by another user.  Try unchecking the AMP option and see if that resolves it.

Alice_You
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your solution, but I never get the error saying the output Excel file is in use by another user. Everytime when I run this workflow,I will sure the output excel is close. By the way,my alteryx version is2020.4.5.12471, so that it will not set AMP engine in defult. And I’m sure I didn't open it.

Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar

Pang_Hee_Choy_0-1685684710835.png

try add a block until done tool. it may due to multiple outputs to same excel file.

Alice_You
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your solution, but it doesn't work,it will still keeping running on another tool and keep it the way forever.

Alice_You_3-1685685708304.png

Alice_You
6 - Meteoroid

Guys,I find a new clue that the workflow runs successfully when I rerun the workflow after deleting the last generated result.

Alice_You
6 - Meteoroid

I don't konw the reason,but it work when I cancel the slection:"skip filed name".