Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Event Variables/Parameter

daryllj
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, it looks like we can pass down certain variables to do a Send Email in the Events configuration.

Just wondering if there are more other variables usable than the list below.

%AppName%

%Module%

%NumErrors%

%User%

%ComputerName%

%WorkingDir%

%NumErrors%

%NumConvErrors%

%Warnings%

%OutputLog%

Screenshot 2024-05-07 214901.png

Tried to search for related topics but the links were either archived or access denied.

I want to email also the "WizardValues" entered by the user when running with an app. Like this...
Screenshot 2024-05-07 215055.png

The listed variables above look great. But I want more details to help in my workflow developments. Say, what was the user's input to the app that resulted into an error instead of parsing every tool's log line by line.

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @daryllj 

The variables that you've listed are the only ones available.  If you want to add anything else you need to push it to the %outputlog%. Use a Message tool to add custom information.  When parsing the resulting file, you can then look for lines where the Tool type is Message.

Dan

daryllj
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the advice! :) I was able to create your suggested approach and it worked like a charm. I can do either an Action-Message combo or just creating a field with %Question.Constant% then a Message tool.

Labels