Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Lookup more than Row+1 or Row-1 or Not calculate from top to bottom

lolwat12345
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I see that the multi-row formula only allows Row+1 or Row-1

However, is there a way to lookup a row and append a value to that row, whenever a condition is met

Basically, I need to append Parent's value to Child's value

GroupTypeReference TagValueAppend Value
1NormalNull100 

Child

1Null200 [Lookup from Parent's Value]
1NormalNull300 
1NormalNull100 
1Parent1200 
1Parent2300 

I am not sure if I can sort in a manner where all the Parent's row will go first, because I also need to consider the [Group] column in the dataset

GroupTypeReference TagValueAppend Value
2NormalNull100 

Child

2Null300 [Lookup from Parent's Value in the table above]
2NormalNull300 
2NormalNull100 
2Parent3200 
2NormalNull300 

Is there a way or a tool I can use so that Alteryx can stop calculating from top to bottom, and append the value whenever Parent's value to its according Child's row?

The linkage of Parent and Child could be found in the Reference Tag, which is unique for each pair.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If it's helpful, you can change the rows to look up and down more than 1 by changing the "Num of Rows" option!

Otherwise I am a bit confused what's the original data and what's the expected output - can you clarify?

Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

@lolwat12345 - see if the attached helps. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@lolwat12345 
I am aslo a bit confused as @alexnajm .

At least for Group 2, I can not see "300 [Lookup from Parent's Value in the table above]". The Reference tags are different between the only Parent and Child, so what is the look up logic here?

Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

@Qiu @alexnajm I assumed it was one table split in 2 - then you can join on the reference tag

Labels