Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output Data 'No value column to Update'

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Designer version:   2022.1.1.42707 Patch: 10

Has anyone ran into this error and was able to resolve?

I have a workflow that writes to a SQL table using the Output Option, Update; Insert if New.  I found "Defect GDC-2512"  which states:

Cause
This error occurs when the SQL table contains only one column, and it happens with Append Field Map in the Output Data tool configured with Map By Name or Custom Mapping.

The table I'm trying to update has more than one column and I've set the 'Key for Update' to check against all the columns in the table.  I have another workflow I have setup to a different table but the output options are set up the same and it runs successfully.

2 REPLIES 2
cpet13
8 - Asteroid

I have the same issue - I am writing to a table with multiple columns and all the columns in the table to check against. But I am getting the same error, "No value column to update." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

@cpet13 I was never able to figure this out so I had to go with Power Automate to do some updating.  If you go that route, you will need a Premium license to connect Power Automate to a SQL Server.

Labels