Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tableau Output Error: Tool #XX: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

theyele
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

In Alteryx 2021.3, I'm finding that the Tableau Output tool isn't working in the Scheduler. (not Gallery!)

The workflow publishes fine when run manually. But when running on schedule, I'm getting the error message "Error: Tool #XX: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'" - after some searching it sounds like this is an issue with credentials in the Connection Manager?

I've hunted through User and Controller settings and set SDK to "Allow" but still seeing the same problem. 

19 REPLIES 19
pitmansm
8 - Asteroid

Solved: 

1. Sync your connections File>Manage COnnections>Sync
  2. Log in to server
  3. Select DCM Data sources
  4. Pick your Connection that is having issues>Select Connections at bottom the three dots on far right
  5. Hit edit
  6. Click Allow connection for SDK

Let us know if that solves your problem

msmith6986
7 - Meteor

Am having similar error: NoneType object has no attribute dtypes

Any one here find a solution yet?

pitmansm
8 - Asteroid

did you see my post above did it help?

msmith6986
7 - Meteor

Hi @pitmansm

Unfortunately no it did not help, I am still receiving the error.  I am not using Server here, I am using Desktop Designer.  Also need to figure out the desktop scheduler at some point, but for now just need to get it working in Desktop Designer.

chvizda
8 - Asteroid

When it not runs on the Server. Here a possible solution: The server must be run with DCM Settings SDK "Allow All"sdk all.PNG

Regards Steffen 

BeaBon
5 - Atom

this worked for me. thank you @pitmansm

TheCoffeeDude
11 - Bolide

I've noticed that there have been multiple issues with this tool.

• Dates over 9999-12-31 throws an error
  • Data to be published is over 4GB in size
  • As someone mentioned earlier, this tool cannot run simultaneously with other Tableau Output tools in the workflow.
  • The table name for incoming connection default of "table" would blow up. Need to change it to table1 or something that isn't table

Tableau Output 1.4.1 is currently in beta and should be out later this month. It solves many issues but not all of them, IMO.

An alternative is to use python code and the Tableau library to publish the data to your Tableau server.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@TheCoffeeDude I have my share of issues with Alteryx products - but:

• Dates over 9999-12-31 throws an error

That makes sense. That should throw an error. That throws an error almost everywhere. 

TheCoffeeDude
11 - Bolide

In this case, the tool should be throwing an out-of-range error, not a generic error. 

SagarSri
6 - Meteoroid

In my case, I have temporarily made this change for date fields until Alteryx comes up with a newer version

kindly add a formula tool before Tableau Output and update the date field with the below logic

If [Date]>='2099-12-30' then '2099-12-29' else [Date] endif

Labels