Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

URGENT: Alteryx Designer 2021.4 not responding after every click

miagallo
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am currently working on a workflow but every time I click anywhere within the Designer application, the application stops responding and is frozen for at least 5 minutes. I have disabled auto-configure as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the issue is still persisting.

Is there any way to remedy this? Please help!

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@miagallo , Please check if the issue is with the workflow you are opening in Alteryx. Try creating a simple workflow first and check if the issue still persists.

Sapna Gupta
miagallo
5 - Atom

I have tried a simpler workflow and the same problem occurs

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @miagallo 

I would recommend changing the memory settings within Designer. 

Runtime memory.png

usersetting memory.png

Hope this helps.

MeIanie_Hilton
5 - Atom

I am having the same issue with 2022.3. I have tried the above and I'm still getting "not responding" within seconds of making changes to my workflows. Have there been any developments on this issue? I currently can't do my job. 

Rob48
8 - Asteroid

would love to see some response to this, I'm having the same issue and my productivity is greatly compromised

JHerzog5839
7 - Meteor

Me too, as I sit here hoping designer will start responding any DAY now.

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

UPDATE:  It took 9 mins and 20seconds to close a container holding one connector.

Any updates on this?  I've also tried changing settings with no luck.  It seems like the 'Not Responding' is getting longer and longer.  Here I am sitting waiting for a container to close at over 7 minutes now.

Raj
14 - Magnetar

I Had faced this bug and to solve what i did was opened the workflow made the duplicate and closed the original workflow
and this worked for me .you can try this approach
also delete the last tool added and add again to the flow.

hope this helps.

CHAMPLOIS
5 - Atom

Hi, need to wait 5 mn after each operation / manipulation

Labels