Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server API - how to retrieve data generated by a workflow?

wesley18mendonca_
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone!

I'm wondering if it's feasible to utilize the Alteryx API server to retrieve data generated by a workflow, such as a JSON containing processed data, or if it's only possible to execute commands within workflows hosted on the server. So far, I've only come across information regarding the latter option.

Second Question) My intention is to create an API that can be accessed by the public, with access granted by the admin on the server. Users would need a login and password to access this data. Essentially, I aim to establish an API that bridges the results data from a workflow to the public.

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @wesley18mendonca_ ,

Running workflows from a distance is only natively possible with the Alteryx Gallery APIs, which are only available if you have an Alteryx server.

Instead of using the Gallery APIs, you could allow the user to access the workflow inside the server and run. The Gallery would be the password-protected platform the users would need to sign in. Of course, if you are looking for a customized front end, having an Alteryx server only for this small API step is not worth it.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

wesley18mendonca_
7 - Meteor

Thank you, @fmvizcaino !

So basically, It is possible to make available the results from the workflow by Alteryx Server API. And users from outside of my company could acess these workflows?

I am thinking something about authetication, those users could acess and run one workflow and receive the information required. 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @wesley18mendonca_ ,

If your server is connected to AD or SAML, the users must have a valid e-mail, which sometimes means a company e-mail since it is your internal identity provider.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino