Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Gallery Data Connections not syncing with the designer

Srikanth03
5 - Atom

Hello

We have a server with lots of gallery data connections, we recently observed that the gallery connections are not being synced with the designers of the users. I tried to rename the galleryalias.xml file and relaunched the designer but it did not create a new galleryalias.xml file.  The users are able to open workflow from server in designer, publish new workflows to the server from designer but they are not able to sync the gallery data connections. Can anyone please help in finding the solution for this

Server version: 2022.1.1.42654 Patch: 7

Thank you

16 REPLIES 16
jm99
5 - Atom

same on server Version: 2023.2.1.7. Any solutions? Connection via Server_UI is ok.

Delilah_Greer
5 - Atom

Were you able to resolve this? We are seeing the same issue.

Chandler_Bing
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx acknowledged that it is a defect and the defect is patched in the below versions

2022.1.1 Patch 9
2022.3.1 Patch 6
2023.1.1 Patch 3

Solution is to either upgrade to the above versions or update passwords for all the gallery data connections( which is not possible in our case)

Brinker
8 - Asteroid

Hi@Chandler_Bing 

If I upgrade to 2023.1 Patch 5 will it solve the problem? And is it only server related or do the users need to install the latest Desktop Designer for 2023.1 as well?

yuriy
8 - Asteroid

Applied 2022.1.1 Patch 12 and that did not help. Any other suggestions?

Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

This is a very common issue with Data connections.

below are few necessary steps you need to do to sync your data connections.

1. Open a workflow in your designer from gallery.

2. Open a new instance of workflow and add an input tool.

3. Inside input tool go to get setup connection

4. Select server > manage > Sync All

this method generally resolves my data connection issue.

If this resolves your issue please mark this as solution. 

yuriy
8 - Asteroid

That would be too simple and the first thing we tried. That is where the connections don't sync

Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

@yuriy 

Indeed, this is simple, and have worked every time for me. Given the steps are followed as mentioned.

Based on version 2022.3.1

I just did the same and it worked.

chrisha
11 - Bolide

I am using version 2022.3.1 as well - based on this post I have updated Designer and Server to Patch 9 (2022.3.1.597). Unfortunately, we still have the same issue: our team cannot sync Data Connections between Server and Designer anymore.

Previously, the support suggested to remove and re-add the connection to the Gallery in Designer. This, unfortunately, did not work.

When deleting / renaming the GalleryAlias.xml in %APPDATA%/Alteryx, all existing connections disappear and we still cannot syncronize - so all connections are gone until the GalleryAlias.xml is restored.

Unfortunately, @Gaurav_Dhama_ , your proposed solution also did not nothing for me, sorry.

Any further ideas and points? Seems to be an issue with 2022.3, it seems. A major version upgrade is currently impossible for us.