Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Getting an error like Invalid directory from server, but it works fine in designer

AlteryxLearner07
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I have created a workflow that picks up the most recent file from SharePoint online and processes it as needed. I have synced that SharePoint group to my onedrive.The workflow runs as expected when run in the designer. However, I'm not getting any errors when publishing to the Alteryx server. But I'm getting an error when I try to run the workflow on the server.

Could you please help me to fix this error or please let me know another way to read the SharePoint files in Alteryx?

1. I tried using the Sharepoint input tool.  But it's not working.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
KPOLU
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

There are 2 ways you can resolve this.

1. By using SharePoint Input / Output tools in your workflow. You can setup an Azure app (Custom API  Application - https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/microsoft-sharepoint#SharePointCustomApp) for authentication on server. It worked for us. 

https://help.alteryx.com/20231/designer/sharepoint-input-tool 

2. By Installing One Drive on the server and syncing your SharePoint folder. This is a long process. It requires your Server run-as account to have access to SharePoint (Office 365 account). You will have to use UNC path for the folder in your workflow.

I'd suggest approach 1 as it is simple and takes less time.

AlteryxLearner07
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. 

I tried to get data from SharePoint using the SharePoint input tool. I followed the below steps to get read the data.

• Connection: DCM(Data COnnection Manager) with the Source and technology details (Technology: SharePoint 365(Cloud) input Files, Connections: Authentication Method: Service principal)
  • It works fine in Designer but when I try to upload it to the server I get an error like - Could not find the plugin directory SharePoint_2_3_1.

could you please let me know if this process is correct or not? If not, please let me know the complete process if you don't mind.

(In terms of authentication and connection process and what do I need to do in the Alteryx server?)

Thanks

KPOLU
8 - Asteroid

Error suggests that the version of SharePoint tool is not installed on your server. Please ask your server admin to install it. And, also they will have to enable dcm for the server along with sdk settings as allow under dcm settings. 

sivareddyudumula
5 - Atom

Apologies for asking so many doubts. I'm using the same version of the SharePoint tool installed on the server. The plugin issue is resolved. Now I'm getting an error

1. Warning: DCM.E: Failed to obtain connection information for '@1':'@2'

2. Error <class 'KeyError'>'dcm_value'

can you please let me know the reason for this error? How can I resolve it?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

MeghanGohil
8 - Asteroid

I'm having the same issue, but with the Google Sheets Input tool. 

Error reads "DCM. E: Failed to obtain connection information for '@1'.'@2'.

I'm on the latest version of Designer and Server 2023.1.1.247 (Patch 2)   (2023.1.1.123 Engine).

It occurs specifically on Google Sheets.

I'm connecting via Token.

It worked fine prior to the upgraade.

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Seeing the same error here with the Tableau Output tool.

Warning - ToolId 107: DCM.E: Failed to obtain connection information for '@1': '@2'
Error - ToolId 107: Failed to fetch DCM_values.
rfoster7
9 - Comet

We had this problem when saving workflows to the gallery that were using an external vault for the clientid/clientsecret. We had to load the security certificates for the vault onto the server itself in manage certificates. Once we did that it fixed the problem.