Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

In-DB Workflow Scheduling on Gallery - Connection Issues

jheck
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow that strictly uses In-DB tools that I need to automate/schedule using Gallery. I have no issues automating/scheduling workflows that do not use In-Db tools, but I continue to receive "Error finding connection "xxxx"". I do not have admin privilege's on my computer. I have setup a System ODBC connection that matches my user connection and have also setup a DCM Data Source connection and DCM credentials on the gallery in hopes that would solve the issue to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Check the following help article. This may solve the issue you are having. Its related to the DSN.

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Tool-nn-Error-finding-connection-connection-name

jheck
6 - Meteoroid

That article outlined the error I'm receiving, so thank you for including the link. However, I'm still running into the same error. I have a User DSN configured on my ODBC Data Resource Administrator, as well as a System DSN, both configured the same way with the same name. I then ensured that my Connect In-DB tool is using a system connection while checking the box for "Use Data Connection Manager". I can then run the workflow without any errors. I then proceeded to setup the connection for reading and the connection for writing on Gallery, again with the same Name and the matching technology and credentials I'm using to get the workflow to run outside of the Gallery. What am I doing wrong?