Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Order of events for moving licence to a different VM

ianjohnston
8 - Asteroid

hi there

we have two Windows VMs each with a licensed version of AlteryxServer. Server "A" is currently our "live" (production) environment, whilst Server "B" is currently a sandbox environment.  the Alteryx license on Server "A" is valid long term until late 2025, the Alteryx licence for Server "B" is set to expire on 31 January 2024.

we are underway with a project to migrate all of our workflows / schedules / etc from Server "A" to Server "B". Once we have completed migration Server "B" will become our "live" (production) environment and Server "A" will be decommissioned.

we know we need to get the long term license transferred to Server "B", and that each license would need to be deactivated / reactivated  on the other server so we can perform a short term parallel run.  

however ................. i'd be grateful if someone could confirm the order in which we need to carry out the deactivations / reactivations. it's probably very obvious but I would appreciate some confirmation.

many thanks

jonna

ServerMigration.jpg

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ianjohnston ,

You only have to deactivate the license from your Server A and register it on your server B before Jan/31.

If you are moving your Alteryx Server entirely without changing the authentication method, for example, I would suggest you to look here: https://help.alteryx.com/20223/en/server/install/server-host-recovery-guide.html

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino