Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

python ModuleNotFoundError when using Fileloader sample on Alteryx designer.

AbdullahASZ
5 - Atom

Dears, 

I wanted to use FileLodaer sample on alteryx designer. but Im facing an error ( attached) 

my question, how to resolve this or how to install 'attr' package. 

Thanks in advance. 

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

Have you installed the module in server as well?

As per the error, it simply does not exist. You may need to add a line in the beginning of the code to install this module. Based on the data provided, this error should resolve by adding install module piece in the code.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

This should be in the Connect channel - not the Server Channel - @BrandonB - is there a Connect resource you can tag on this?  My first suggestions would be to "run as admin" but assuming that that isn't the issue - I'd recommend opening a ticket.

@Gaurav_Dhama_ - FYI - I believe FileLoader is part of Alteryx Connect so this is a bit more complicated than just a missing module.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@apathetichell I agree it is technically a Connect topic but this is specific to the metadata loader which runs within Alteryx Designer.  The specific issue is calling out that the Python package called "attr" is not being found which likely means it needs to be installed. My recommendation would be to run Alteryx as Administrator, drop a python tool on the canvas, and run Alteryx.installPackages("attr")

The following link covers package management within Alteryx and will show how to install a Python package if it isn't clear in my instruction above. 

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/How-To-Use-Alteryx-installPackages-in-Python-tool-1583... 

I am curious if they have installed the metadata loaders via the installer or if they have opened up another workflow from someone else. This could explain why attr isn't present. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@BrandonB that would be my normal response - but wondering if this is pointing to a larger under the hood issue on the user's Connect install.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Agreed, if they just opened a workflow vs using the actual Connect installer I could see something like this happening if attr was installed as part of it.